If you’ve read or seen any material about Namibia, chances are you’ve come across the Himba tribe. If you haven’t, get excited because this post is about to rock your world! Okay maybe not, but it’ll at least give you something interesting to discuss the next time you need to sound cultured and or well informed.Read More
“Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.”
Planning a trip to Namibia or curious about what it could offer as a travel destination? Get the low down on everything you need to know, getting there, getting around, where to eat, things to do and my thoughts on my trip there.Read More
While I was in Toronto this summer, I had a grand plan to explore Western Canada using ViaRail’s Great Western Way train route. The route starts in Toronto and ends in Vancouver, and takes about 4 days to complete if you’re not spending nights at any of the stops. Amazing views of the Rockies, scenic landscapes and a chance to see more of Canada? I couldn’t wait!
Alas, by the time I decided on dates and started looking at ticket and hotel prices, the trip was coming up to about $CAD3000. *Side eye @ travel costs in Canada*
A list of what I got up to in Dakar AKA Things to do in Dakar.Read More
This summer I took a much needed break and spent two months in my second home, Canada. Two. Entire. Months. No work, or school.
Over the course of my break, I came up with a couple reasons why Canada will forever be bae. Here are a few of them.
I’ve always celebrated my birthday in some way but the last time I recall having an actual birthday party was when I was 9. I planned it all by myself, had about 7 guests and a gourmet menu of jelly and soda. I’m not sure what activities I planned, but I remember having a fantastic time and patting myself on the back for an event very well executed.
This year I ditched the party plans and decided on a solo trip instead!Read More
An excerpt of the things I’m thankful for today.Read More
A few months ago I was looking through an app I had downloaded to track my travel goals. It turned out it didn't have the features I needed, but it did have a travel bucket list that looked interesting. I browsed through and there was one in particular that caught my eye - "Have breakfast, lunch and dinner in three different countries on one day".Read More
Over Easter I visited Budapest in Hungary. Flight and hotel prices were very reasonable (about £163 for a round trip), but the most exciting thing about this trip for me was that Hungary is quite close to Slovakia and Austria, so I could visit not one, not two, but three countries for the price of one. What?! The Naija girl in me was definitely sold.Read More
I don’t know why but packing for trips takes me ridiculously long. Okay that’s not true, I know exactly why. The thing is while I pack, I like to listen to music, try on my outfits and dance in each of them. It ends up taking me hours and I’m usually exhausted by the time I’m done.Read More
In January 2017, I went to Marrakech (with 11 other girls!) to celebrate a friend’s birthday.
We made flight and hotel reservations in October 2016, and I remember both coming to about £200 per person. This was shortly after I moved to England from Canada, and at the time it was the lowest amount I had ever spent on a flight and hotel in my entire life. I was beside myself with excitement and felt like taking to the streets with a megaphone to announce my great fortune (I didn't).Read More
I recently did a (short) hair feature on KacheeTee.com, along with 3 other women who also have short hair. First thing I thought while reading the post was how bomb short hair is. Second was I'm quite the chatterbox, and third, was that I have some really interesting hair stories.Read More
If someone invites you to a wedding in India, say YES! And if no one does, go to India and crash a wedding.Read More
I pride myself on being a pretty organised and efficient person. Some people will disagree with me, but they’re haters and you should ignore them.
Fine, I’m pretty organised about 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time, I either plan and completely ignore the plan or I don’t plan at all and act like a vagrant.Read More