30 Things I’m Thankful For On My 30th Birthday
An excerpt of the things I'm thankful for today.
1. I’m alive!
2. My relationship with God. It’s become even more real to me and more personal over the last little while.
3. The fact that I’m growing in my knowledge and understanding of God, and His word.
4. My parents. They probably don’t realize it but they’ve played such a crucial role in the making of the woman I am today. Forever grateful.
5. My sisters: All 5 of them! They form a fundamental part of my core, and I'm grateful for my unique relationships with each of them.
6. My friends: From praying for me when I have no strength to by myself, to hyping me like they’re being paid for it. The unrelenting support I have from them is humbling.
7. For all the birthday gifts I’ve been promised from said friends. I’m watching all of you lol.
8. My support network: I can’t even begin to count how many people have taken me under their wing and provided counsel and guidance for no obvious reason (even when I was being stubborn!). You know when people just see you and decide to drink your panadol? I have pastors, uncles and aunties like that and I’m very thankful for them!
*Writing this section just made me realize how blessed I am in the area of relationships, wow. Just sitting here on my flight being mad emotional - the lady beside me probably thinks I’m kinda weird. I love you all so much. God bless you!
Growth - Personal and Professional
9. A deeper understanding of purpose.
10. An increase in self awareness.
11. Clarity in terms of my career. It's been such a journey.
12. That I have a job. This time last year I was very unemployed.
13. That I actually quite enjoy said job!
14. The ability to live a life I love and enjoy without reservations and with minimal restrictions.
15. Being able to accomplish my goal of travelling to 30 countries before my 30th birthday. I am currently in country 34 wooot 🎉
16. How much I’ve enjoyed my trips and grown on them.
17. Finally starting my blog.
18. For crushing some career goals (most recently was this week!).
19. All of the opportunities I've been presented with in the last little while. I feel like the sky is my starting point.
My Health and Well Being
20. That I’m healthy. In fact, this is the healthiest I’ve felt in a long time. A miracle, considering all the “ijekuje” I eat.
21. That I've come to a place of satisfaction with and appreciation of who I am, on the inside and the outside. I am indeed fearfully and wonderfully made.
23. That I wear my hair short and I can do what I want with it with minimal repercussion. I’m colouring it pink next and I’m really excited about that.
24. For genuine happiness on the inside.
25. Favour. Seemingly ridiculous and unexplainable amounts of it.
26. Peace and a solid assurance that God is involved in every step of my life.
28. My (future) husband.
29. The phenomenal woman I'm being shaped to become. It's sometimes a little scary.
30. The exciting phase I'm about to step into. It's my season to flourish.
I’m overwhelmed with gratitude, and I cannot wait to see what’s in store for my Jesus years.